CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 9, 2007

Puppy

So Ben has finally agreed to let me get a puppy! I am super excited! I've always wanted a boxer, Ben wants a female so she'll be a bit smaller, and hopefully less like to mark around the house.
So I've been checking for breeders who don't want too much for a dog. I've honestly seen a puppy for sale at 1700 dollars. I was shocked to say the least. Having thought about this for about 7 years I really know what kind of look I want the pup to have, brindle in color with flashy white markings. However at this point I'll be thrilled with whatever color of dog I can find. The breeder I'm interested in getting a puppy from will be having a litter in early April, so in June I should be bringing home a pup. While I'd much rather have one in a few weeks if I can get the kind of dog that I want with health contracts and from a responsible breeder, I can live with an extra two months.

So on to what I need from you guys...

I have thought of a great name for the puppy. At least one that I love, along with one that I like. Ben likes one of them but won't budge on the other. Personally I feel if I'm buying the dog and paying for all of it I can name the girl whatever I'd like. But since I have to appear to compromise on some things, he thinks I should ask you guys and see what you come up with, so here are the two names. I won't tell you what I like (so he doesn't think I'm biasing you in anyway)...

Nyx - Greek origin meaning "night". I've also seen it as "lively". We could lengthen it out to Nixie to sound better when calling.

Sophie - Greek origin meaning "wisdom". Sounds nice when calling a puppy.

OK so I'm looking for feedback. Either name is good, and if you have any other names that would sound nice, let me know.

Also if any of you know of a boxer breeder in the Michigan area, let me know, I'm up for checking as many as I need to so I get the best dog. :)

5 comments:

AJ said...

Sorry, these will refer to several posts!

I remember seeing him at school! Cute picture, you both look very nice.

The world of owning a house and having different services sucks sometimes. I used to get the 'wife' calls all the time, after a while, I just started calling and saying I was the wife because otherwise they (gas company, electric company, etc) won't talk to you about accounts.

Puppy...ask Kara, her husband Josh had a dog at school and I think it was a boxer. Not sure if it was a pure bread or not. I like Sophie, but it's a very people name. However, our dog's name is Gabby, so you can tell that I'm a 'people name for a dog' type of person.

Maria said...

My favorite type of dog (right now), is a boxer too! - after whatever Winston is of course!

I pick Nyxie... I like sophie too though... I just can see Ben yelling at sophie, and then calling you sophie cause it's closer to Sonya,, (or perhaps vise versa...:) ) but I'm just rambling. adios.

Kara said...

I asked Josh where he got his boxer and someone gave it to him at no cost...he is going to see if he can find out the breeder

YGS said...

I like Sophie!

Jericho Rose said...

i like sophie too.