CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This week

So this week I am living alone since Ben is in Houston doing training. I'm having trouble getting motivated to do stuff around the house.. including making dinner. I don't know if you guys remember my dinner skills in college, but I'm reverting back to them. That can of corn/package of frozen corn is looking great right now. Ok so I'm really not going to have just corn, I think I'll call out for some pizza...

Otherwise we did quite a bit of demolition in the yard this weekend. We broke up a slab of random concrete in our backyard, although it's still there since we have to get a dumpster to dispose of it... There were also two hideous bushes in the front yard that took up half the yard. They once probably looked really nice, but they had since overgrown so much that they created a circle 12 feet in diameter. Way to big, and it started out as an easy job, just a few scratches on the legs here and there but cutting the branches off went pretty well. Then we got to the enormous stumps and tried to use a chain and Ben's truck to pull them out but it ended up being harder than we realized. In the end we had a few neighbors over trying to help and we managed to finish the job. We now have a birch tree with a 12" circle of dirt around it in the front yard... I'm sure our neighbors love us (especially since we really don't have a plan yet to fill it.)

So that entire process took about 5 hours outside and since I didn't expect to be out so long I didn't put any sunscreen on... BAD IDEA!!! I'm so burnt, and itchy... besides aloe, do you guys have any ideas for me?


Oh and updated puppy countdown: 11 days till she gets here. The breeder wants to keep her another week, which is fine with us, we want her healthy and ready to go when we pick her up. We did spend a bunch of money on her things this past weekend, we now have her kennel, dishes, some food, a food storage container, leash, collar, clippers, a few more toys, and my favorite - potty bags for picking up after her! I'm so excited!!!

2 comments:

alanna rose said...

Drink lots of water, it will help your skin heal. And in the future - sunscreen is for EVERYDAY! When you are 35 and wrinkle-free you will be glad you did it, and when you're 60 you'll be even happier :)

I want pictures of your naked yard.

AJ said...

Sonya,

How many times have I said this to you? A can of corn is NOT dinner! If you add a can of peas it is STILL NOT dinner:)